Dr Julie Huynh (FRACP, Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, B.Biomed Sci, PGDip Paediatric Infectious Diseases)
TB research fellow
Clinical Research Paediatrician
Paediatric Infectious Diseases Physician
Dr Julie Huynh joined the OUCRU-HCMC in August 2019 as a Tuberculosis Research Fellow. She is the project manager for the SURE trial: a randomised controlled trial on shortened intensified anti-tuberculous therapy and adjuvant aspirin in African and Asian children with tuberculous meningitis. She is currently completing her PhD studies on improving the diagnosis and outcomes in children with tuberculous meningitis.
She is a Paediatrician who completed her infectious diseases training at The Children’s Hospital Westmead and Sydney Children’s Hospital in Sydney Australia.
1) Donovan, G Thwaites, and J Huynh, Tuberculous meningitis: Where to from here? Curr Opin Infect Dis 2020, 33:259-266
2) J Huynh, G Thwaites, B Marais and S. Schaaf, Tuberculosis treatment in children: the changing landscape, Paed Resp Rev Feb 2020 DOI:10.1016/j.prrv.2020.02.002
3) J Huynh and B Marais, Multidrug-resistant tuberculous infection and disease in children: a review of new and repurposed drugs, Ther Adv Infect Dis 2019 Jan-Dec
4) J Huynh, J Vosu, B Marais, and P Britton, Multidrug-resistant tuberculous meningitis in a returned traveller, J Paed Child Health Feb(2019) 55(8)
5) P.T.K Nguyen, T Trai, J Huynh and B Marais, An infant with Xpert confirmed TB meningitis in Central Viet Nam, J Clin Med Oct (2018)7(11)387 DOI: 10.3390/jcm7110397