Le Nguyen Thanh Nhan, MD., MSc
PhD student, Emerging Infection Group
Pediatrician, Children’s Hospital 1
Nhan Le has worked as a pediatrician in Children’s Hospital 1 in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam since 1997. He received a master degree in Pediatrics from University of Medicine and Pharmacology in Ho Chi Minh City in 2004. He is currently running the Scientific Research Unit of Children’s Hospital 1. His PhD studies focus on Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease in Vietnam.
Nhan Le has published more than 10 articles in local and international journals.
5 key recent research articles:
1. Tran Tan Thanh, Hoang Minh Tu Van, Nguyen Thi Thu Hong, Le Nguyen Truc Nhu, Nguyen To Anh, Ha Manh Tuan, Ho Van Hien, Nguyen Manh Tuong, Trinh Trung Kien, Truong Huu Khanh, Le Nguyen Thanh Nhan, Nguyen Thanh Hung, Nguyen Van Vinh Chau, Guy Thwaites, H. Rogier van Doorn, Le Van Tan. The first genome sequences of human bocaviruses from Vietnam [version 2; referees: 3 approved with reservations]. Wellcome Open Res 2017, 1:16 (doi: 10.12688/wellcomeopenres.10042.2).
2. Phan Tu Qui, Truong Huu Khanh, Huynh Trung Trieu, Pham Thanh Giang, Nguyen Ngoc Bich , Le Phan Kim Thoa , Le Nguyen Thanh Nhan, Saraswathy Sabanathan, Rogier Van Doorn, Nguyen Duc Toan , Laura Merson, Nguyen Thi Phuong Dung, Lam Phung Khanh, Marcel Wolbers, Nguyen Thanh Hung, Nguyen Van Vinh Chau and Bridget Wills. Intravenous magnesium sulfate for the management of severe hand foot and mouth disease with autonomic nervous system dysregulation in Vietnamese children: studyprotocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials 2016, Vol.17 98-112.
3. Anh To Nguyen, Thanh Tan Tran, Van Minh Tu Hoang, Ngoc My Nghiem, Nhu Nguyen Truc Le, Thanh Thi My Le, Qui Tu Phan, Khanh Huu Truong, Nhan Nguyen Thanh Le, Viet Lu Ho, Viet Chau Do, Tuan Manh Ha, Hung Thanh Nguyen, Chau Van Vinh Nguyen, Guy Thwaites, H, Rogier van Doorn, Tan Van Le. Virology Journal 2016, Vol 13 125-135.
4. Nguyen Van Trang, Nhan Thanh Le Nguyen, Hieu Trung Dao, Viet Ho Lu, Dieu Thi Tran, Jonathan Loewen, James Jiang, Baoming Jiang, Umesh Parashar, Anh Duc Dang, Manish M. Patel. Incidence and epidemiology of intussusceptions among infants in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The Journal of Pediatrics 2013.
5. Le Phan Kim Thoa, Pai-Shan Chiang, Truong Huu Khanh, Shu-Ting Luo, Tran Ngoc Hanh Dan, Ya- Fang Wang, Tang Chi Thuong, Wan-Yu Chung, Nguyen Thanh Hung, Jen-Ren Wang, Le Nguyen Thanh Nhan, Le Quoc Thinh, Ih-Jen Su, Than Duc Dung, Min-Shi Lee. Genetic and Antigenic Characterization of Enterovirus 71 in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 2011. PLOS ONE, July 2013, Volume 8, Issue 7:e69895.