Dinh The Trung, MD, PhD
Clinical researcher, Dengue group
Dr Dinh The Trung received his medical doctor from University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Ho Chi Minh city in 1997 and his PhD from Oxford University Clinical Research Unit and the Open University UK in 2012. He worked as a clinician at Hospital for Tropical Diseases and as a lecturer at Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Ho Chi Minh city for nearly 20 years.
He has joined Dengue group at OUCRU as a clinical researcher since 2006. He has been the author or co-author of many articles, mainly on clinical features of dengue in different age-groups, exploring underlying mechanisms of bleeding and systemic vascular leakage in dengue.
Trung Dinh The has published many articles in international journals.
5 key recent research articles:
1. Cerny, D., D.H. Thi Le, T.D. The, R. Zuest, S. Kg, S. Velumani, C.C. Khor, L. Mori, C.P. Simmons, M. Poidinger, F. Zolezzi, F. Ginhoux, M. Haniffa, B. Wills, and K. Fink, Complete human CD1a deficiency on Langerhans cells due to a rare point mutation in the coding sequence. J Allergy Clin Immunol, 2016. 138(6): p. 1709-1712 e11.
2. Trung, D.T., T.T. Thao le, N.M. Dung, T.V. Ngoc, T.T. Hien, N.V. Chau, M. Wolbers, D.T. Tam, J. Farrar, C. Simmons, and B. Wills, Clinical features of dengue in a large Vietnamese cohort: intrinsically lower platelet counts and greater risk for bleeding in adults than children. PLoS Negl Trop Dis, 2012. 6(6): p. e1679.
3. Trung, D.T. and B. Wills, Systemic vascular leakage associated with dengue infections – the clinical perspective. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol, 2010. 338: p. 57-66.
4. Trung, D.T., T.T. Thao le, T.T. Hien, N.T. Hung, N.N. Vinh, P.T. Hien, N.T. Chinh, C. Simmons, and B. Wills, Liver involvement associated with dengue infection in adults in Vietnam. Am J Trop Med Hyg, 2010. 83(4): p. 774-80.
5. Wills, B., V.N. Tran, T.H. Nguyen, T.T. Truong, T.N. Tran, M.D. Nguyen, V.D. Tran, V.V. Nguyen, T.T. Dinh, and J. Farrar, Hemostatic changes in Vietnamese children with mild dengue correlate with the severity of vascular leakage rather than bleeding. Am J Trop Med Hyg, 2009. 81(4): p. 638-44.