Le Thi Dui, BSc
Senior Research Assistant
Ms Le Thi Dui got her BSc in Biology at the University of Natural Sciences in 1983, Vietnam. Ms Dui attended a training course at the Institute for Medical Research, Malaysia in 1999 and obtained the Diploma for applying parasitology and entomology. She has worked with Dengue group – OUCRU since 2010 as a Senior Research Assistant. She is involved in all studies on mosquito vector competence (wild-type and Wolbachia-infected mosquitoes) and human-to-mosquito transmission of dengue virus. She is responsible for managing and processing all mosquito samples in the insectary lab. With her great experience in the entomological field, she also helps to develop the knowledge and technical skills for the Junior Research Assistants in the insectary lab.
5 key recent research articles:
1. Whitehorn, J., D.T. Kien, N.M. Nguyen, H.L. Nguyen, P.P. Kyrylos, L.B. Carrington, C.N. Tran, N.T. Quyen, L.V. Thi, D. Le Thi, N.T. Truong, T.T. Luong, C.V. Nguyen, B. Wills, M. Wolbers, and C.P. Simmons, Comparative Susceptibility of Aedes albopictus and Aedes aegypti to Dengue Virus Infection After Feeding on Blood of Viremic Humans: Implications for Public Health. J Infect Dis, 2015. 212(8): p. 1182-90.
2. Ferguson, N.M., D.T. Kien, H. Clapham, R. Aguas, V.T. Trung, T.N. Chau, J. Popovici, P.A. Ryan, S.L. O’Neill, E.A. McGraw, V.T. Long, T. Dui le, H.L. Nguyen, N.V. Chau, B. Wills, and C.P. Simmons, Modeling the impact on virus transmission of Wolbachia-mediated blocking of dengue virus infection of Aedes aegypti. Sci Transl Med, 2015. 7(279): p. 279ra37.
3. Carrington, L.B., H.L. Nguyen, N.M. Nguyen, T.H. Duong, T.V. Tuan, N.T. Giang, N.V. Tuyet, D.L. Thi, L.V. Thi, C.N. Tran, and C.P. Simmons, Naturally-acquired dengue virus infections do not reduce short-term survival of infected Aedes aegypti from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Am J Trop Med Hyg, 2015. 92(3): p. 492-6.
4. Whitehorn, J., L.V. Thi, T. Dui le, and C.P. Simmons, Aedes aegypti (L.) survival after exposure to ivermectin. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health, 2013. 44(2): p. 179-81.
5. Nguyet, M.N., T.H. Duong, V.T. Trung, T.H. Nguyen, C.N. Tran, V.T. Long, T. Dui le, H.L. Nguyen, J.J. Farrar, E.C. Holmes, M.A. Rabaa, J.E. Bryant, T.T. Nguyen, H.T. Nguyen, L.T. Nguyen, M.P. Pham, H.T. Nguyen, T.T. Luong, B. Wills, C.V. Nguyen, M. Wolbers, and C.P. Simmons, Host and viral features of human dengue cases shape the population of infected and infectious Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2013. 110(22): p. 9072-7.