Lenny is a Project Coordination and Management Officer at the Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Unit in Indonesia.
She earned BSc in Biology from University of Padjajaran and Master of Public Health from Faculty of Public Health, University of Indonesia. She is a lead investigator for a community-based survey of treatment-seeking behavior at malaria endemic districts in Indonesia. She is also a WHO consultant for external quality assurance for malaria diagnostics and parasitological-based laboratory assessment.
Her research interests include epidemiology, health system, diagnosis, treatment, health anthropological studies and quality assurance.
- Nelwan EJ, Ekawati LL, Tjahjono B, Setiabudy R, Sutanto I, Chand K, Ekasari T, Djoko D, Basri H, Taylor WR, Duparc S, Subekti D, Elyazar I, Noviyanti R, Sudoyo H, Baird JK. Randomized Trial of Primaquine Hypnozoitocidal Efficacy when Combined with Artemisinin-Combined Blood Schizontocides for Radical Cure of Plasmodium vivax in Indonesia. BMC medicine 2015, 13: 294
- Ekawati LL, Herdiana H, Sumiwi ME, Barussanah C, Ainun C, Sabri S, Maulana T, Rahmadyani R, Maneh C, Yani M et al: A comprehensive assessment of the malaria microscopy system of Aceh, Indonesia, in preparation for malaria elimination. Malaria Journal 2015, 14(1):240.
- Sutanto I, Tjahjono B, Basri H, Taylor WR, Putri FA, Meilia RA, Setiabudy R, Nurleila S, Ekawati LL, Elyazar I et al: Randomized, Open-Label Trial of Primaquine against Vivax Malaria Relapse in Indonesia. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2013, 57(3):1128-1135.
- Ekawati LL. Implementation of Quality Assurance on Microscopy Diagnostic of Malaria in Indonesia. Aceh Provincial Health Office and UNICEF Indonesia. (ISBN# 978-602-18001-1-9). 2012: 51.
- Sabri, Barussanah, C., Herdiana, Ekawati LL. Field Guidance for Implementation of Quality Assurance on Microscopy Diagnostic of Malaria in Aceh Province. Aceh Provincial Health Office and UNICEF Indonesia (ISBN# 978-602-18515-1-7). 2012: 41