Location: Based at the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Jhamsikhel and its peripheral hospitals/units
Responsible to: Consultant IT/ and Administration
The IT Support Officer’s role is to support and maintain in-house IT systems, desktops, network, printers, MFC, software, office 365 etc. This includes installing, diagnosing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software while ensuring optimal workstation performance and users in active directory. The person will also do preventive maintenance task in a timely and accurate fashion. Also, have main role to provide end user training and assistance where required and should follow OUCRU programme policy. This position also helps HR for IT induction and resignation process.
The IT Support Officer will report to the Consultant IT CTO and will be responsible for:
- Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, network, Office 365 and have working knowledge in Active Directory Environment and operates a multi-platform IT environment of health research centers;
- Keep logs and records of daily accomplished task and report it in timely manner.
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Installs software and repairs hardware and peripherals;
- Test newly procured IT systems;
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate;
- Troubleshoot and repairs IT systems, databases and web pages;
- Administering Active Directory and other required user accounts;
- Sets up and submits production jobs and edits and debugs computer output;
- Ensure of business continuity with security and disaster recovery process are in minimum standard;
- Accomplish other tasks as per consultant IT CTO and administration requirements;
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Assist to store unit for inventory of IT equipment and software.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- If necessary, liaise with other OCCRU programmes or third-party support and IT industry vendors.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in IT or a similar field with at least two (2) years of experience and have two wheeler license.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, Office 365, including Microsoft and Active Directory Environment.
- Hands-on hardware/software/network troubleshooting experience and recording systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into IT related technical issues and products as required.
- Knowledge of using, configuring and bug fixing softwares.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and strong IT policy environment.
• Carry out any duties as reasonably required by the Unit in these areas
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send curriculum vitae, application and copies of relevant certificates, by email to Sambhav Dhakal <email@example.com>