|Position||Laboratory Administrative Assistant (JDHAN_0523_007)|
|Location||OUCRU-VN offices at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Kim Chung, Dong Anh & Phuong Mai, Dong Da, Hanoi, and at the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology in Hanoi. |
Travel to hospitals, units around Hanoi, or within Viet Nam might be required.
|Hours of work||Full time: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week, extra hours may be required.|
|Tenure||Initially for 01 years, including a 02 month probation period, with possibility of extension based on annual performance appraisal and Research approval|
|Reporting to||Hanoi Office Director, Laboratory Manager|
|Background||The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit, with sites offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi in Vietnam, Jakarta in Indonesia and Kathmandu in Nepal. In Vietnam, we are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. OUCRU Nepal has partnerships with the Patan Academy of Health Sciences and Patan Hospital, and OUCRU Indonesia exists in partnership with the University of Indonesia. As a Wellcome Trust Africa Asia Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991. |
OUCRU’s vision is to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally driven research programme on infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals where we work, and to the countries as a whole where we operate: Vietnam, Indonesia and Nepal. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals, but also to help improve patient care.
OUCRU employs approximately 320 people across Viet Nam and has an average annual budget of USD 12mil.
Please see more information on OUCRU Website: www.oucru.org
|Job summary||· This position is responsible for the administrative support to OUCRU laboratories in Hà Nội.|
· Support the lab team in administrative and logistic issues including purchase requests, import permits, reception of items purchased, stock management and inventories, maintenance contracts.
· Support the Quality Assurance officer in organizing the management of lab equipment (including maintenance and repairs), managing and maintaining document control system, document & record review and updates.
· Liaise with the general financial and administrative team of OUCRU for all issues related to laboratory.
· The lab assistant will be requested to move between sites within Hanoi on a weekly basis.
|Key responsibilities and tasks||· Supporting the Quality Assurance officer in organizing the management of laboratory documents and records as per OUCRU procedures related to document and record control systems. This includes, but is not limited to:|
o Indexing, updating, storing and archiving lab documents and records, Health & Safety documents and records, laboratory quality management system documents and records and laboratory management personnel training records ;
o Scanning and uploading documents related to equipment maintenance and calibration, repair reports, certificates, training reports, etc;
o Update the equipment activities and upload the related reports to the Asset management system (DAX/Votiva).
· Support Laboratory Manager and Quality Assurance officer in organizing the maintenance and calibration of lab instrument such as freezers and pipettes. This includes, but is not limited to:
o Developing routine preventive maintenance and calibration contracts and check the content of the contracts related to Equipment together with the purchasing team;
o Follow-up the execution of those contracts;
o Accompany external engineers coming to perform the maintenance on the different sites;
o Collect and upload the maintenance reports and coordinate with finance in clearing the payments in time;
o Support to do the inventory for Equipment in all sites once per year.
· Support the lab team along the supply chain of stationary, lab consumables and reagents:
o Monitor inventories and prepare purchase requests in a timely manner,
o Communicate with suppliers and vendors and liaise with the Purchase department to collect quotations,
o Organize reception of items, using freezer-works for labeling and recording,
o Manage the stock, including monthly tracking of expired or soon-to-expire items, and planning and conducting inventories,
o Liaise with OUCRU’s CTU, Customs Offices, and Liaison Officers at OUCRU’s partnering institutions for obtaining import permits and retrieve items out of customs, as per Vietnamese regulations.
· Initiate, organize, and support Laboratory Manager and Quality Assurance officer in the monitoring of temperature in lab equipment (freezers, incubators), summarizing the monitoring data, and respond to anomalies signals.
· Support the Laboratory manager and Quality Assurance officer in organizing meetings, internal and external audit programs, and training programs, as per OUCRU procedures.
· Perform small handiwork on lab equipment (defrosting freezers, cleaning water filters,…) and deal with equipment problems (identify the manufacturer/maintenance officer, contact with engineer to fix the problem, arrange visit, and follow-up the effectiveness of repairs), under the supervision and the responsibility of the Quality Assurance officer and/or as per equipment manufacturer’s instructions.
· Support Laboratory manager in budget preparation, expenditure tracking of budget and materials.
· Secretarial tasks such as minute the Lab meetings, translation (VN-EN and EN-VN), data entry, administrative and logistic support for meetings and trainings,…
· Work as a substitute for other lab management staff in their administrative responsibilities.
· Other duties related to lab management as requested by the Laboratory manager
· Documented experience in secretarial job (>1 year)
· Knowledge in document management system and methodical approach to record-keeping
· Experience in dealing with suppliers/manufacturers to perform equipment maintenance and repairs
· Knowledge in purchase process and stock management
· English basic skills in reading, speaking, writing and listening.
· Familiarity with computers, particularly MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and email.
· Able to work under pressure and multitasking skill
· Experience in document management system
· Experience with laboratory work, or with healthcare institution, or research setting
· Experience with import process in Vietnam
· Well organized, enthusiastic and committed to Science/Research
· Team player, Reliable
|Benefits||– Contracted salary: Negotiable (depending on actual experience and education).|
– Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
– Two months’ salary for annual bonus and clothes
– Annual leave 18 days each year for the first year
– Other responsibilities and benefits are based on Viet Nam Labour Law.
|How to apply||Interested qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates by email to Ms. Pham Thi Thanh Hoa – Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org|
* The cover letter should detail:
– What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position and why you would be a good candidate?
– Contacts of two referees who are your latest HR/ line manager and can provide details of relevant work experience and attitude
* We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
|Contact person||Ms. Pham Thi Thanh Hoa|
|Deadline for submission||23rd May 2023|