Pharmacist Nguyen Tan Thanh Kieu
Coordinator, Dengue group
After finishing the Medicine and Pharmaceutical University in 1987, Viet Nam, She worked as a pharmacist at the Convalescent Institude. After three years at the Institude she left and went to Sanofi – Synthelabo pharmaceutical Company and worked at contribution department there. In 2003 she moved to Novartis pharmaceutical and worked as administration staff in sales and marketing department. She joined OUCRU in July 2006 as a coordinator in Dengue group.
She have worked at OUCRU as a coordinator in Dengue group for more than 10 years.
Projects are joined and finished:
DR: Dengue Community study
MD: Descriptive study of mild dengue disease in children.
DF: Predictive Markers for Severe Dengue.
DENCO: Dengue case classification and Management case
06DX: Steroids in early Dengue.
22DX: Clinical evaluation of dengue and identification of risk factors for severe disease: a multicentre in 6 countries
Project is in progress:
42DX: Dengue in pregnancy
53DX: Dengue in obesity/ overweight patientPublications
5 key recent research articles:
1. Lam, P.K., T.V. Ngoc, T.T. Thu Thuy, N.T. Hong Van, T.T. Nhu Thuy, D.T. Hoai Tam, N.M. Dung, N.T. Hanh Tien, N.T. Thanh Kieu, C. Simmons, B. Wills, and M. Wolbers, The value of daily platelet counts for predicting dengue shock syndrome: Results from a prospective observational study of 2301 Vietnamese children with dengue. PLoS Negl Trop Dis, 2017. 11(4): p. e0005498.
2. Jaenisch, T., D.T. Tam, N.T. Kieu, T. Van Ngoc, N.T. Nam, N. Van Kinh, S. Yacoub, N. Chanpheaktra, V. Kumar, L.L. See, J. Sathar, E.P. Sandoval, G.M. Alfaro, I.S. Laksono, Y. Mahendradhata, M. Sarker, F. Ahmed, A. Caprara, B.S. Benevides, E.T. Marques, T. Magalhaes, P. Brasil, M. Netto, A. Tami, S.E. Bethencourt, M. Guzman, C. Simmons, N.T. Quyen, L. Merson, N.T. Dung, D. Beck, M. Wirths, M. Wolbers, P.K. Lam, K. Rosenberger, and B. Wills, Clinical evaluation of dengue and identification of risk factors for severe disease: protocol for a multicentre study in 8 countries. BMC Infect Dis, 2016. 16: p. 120.
3. Lam, P.K., D.T. Tam, N.M. Dung, N.T. Tien, N.T. Kieu, C. Simmons, J. Farrar, B. Wills, and M. Wolbers, A Prognostic Model for Development of Profound Shock among Children Presenting with Dengue Shock Syndrome. PLoS One, 2015. 10(5): p. e0126134.
4. Lam, P.K., D.T. Tam, T.V. Diet, C.T. Tam, N.T. Tien, N.T. Kieu, C. Simmons, J. Farrar, N.T. Nga, P.T. Qui, N.M. Dung, M. Wolbers, and B. Wills, Clinical characteristics of Dengue shock syndrome in Vietnamese children: a 10-year prospective study in a single hospital. Clin Infect Dis, 2013. 57(11): p. 1577-86.
5. Hanh Tien, N.T., P.K. Lam, H.T. Duyen, T.V. Ngoc, P.T. Ha, N.T. Kieu, C. Simmons, M. Wolbers, and B. Wills, Assessment of microalbuminuria for early diagnosis and risk prediction in dengue infections. PLoS One, 2013. 8(1): p. e54538.